Tuesday 22 March 2016

Giving the people what they want

Currently writing this as I am waiting for all our game's assets to download onto my laptop. It has been AN HOUR.

The problems I tackled this week were inspired by our first playtest results. Player's wanted a game that was longer and more immersive, and the team agreed that best way that we could do that in the short amount of time that we were alloted is to have more dialogue, make keys harder to get to, and have some sort of backstory.

I focus on the technical side of things- getting the timer just right (in order to enhance gameplay), making keys harder to attain by making the player LOSE their doctor's coat whenever they answer the nurse's questions incorrectly (thus forcing the user to find a key elsewhere, or find another coat to put on).

That stuff is boring though. The coolest thing that I am working on right now (last minute, I know..) is what I think will really make our game cool and interesting; making the creepy things that Arafa and Rabia decorated the hospital with appear when the player's "Crazy" meter reaches it's peak.

Rabia and I also made a Satanic room in the hospital. That was fun

No comments:

Post a Comment